Five on Friday: October 30
It’s one of my favorite times of the year, Halloween! Such a fun time for both children and adults. A chance to show off your creative side, or to step outside of your comfort zone and be something you’re not! Here is my Five on Friday for my favorite Halloween activities that we’ve done this week.
- Carving Pumpkins – Always a favorite! I’m not that creative so the designs are not elaborate, but I love the scooping out of the pumpkin! Such a great sensory experience for little ones, and once you clean up the seeds, they make a great snack.
- Painting Pumpkins – We save the carving for closer to Halloween so the pumpkins don’t go bad, but in the meantime, we painted and glittered some small pumpkins.
- Witches Calderon – I picked up some small jars and wooden spoons at the dollar store. We’re going to head out for a walk this afternoon and pick up small items that can be used as ingredients in their potions – twigs, acorns, etc. Add your ingredients to some food dye colored water and you’ll be casting spells in no time!
- Crafts – A few of our afternoons have been filled with Halloween crafts – pipe cleaner spiders, paper plate pumpkins, foam sticker collages, last year we did paper mache monsters. Pinterest is a great place to search for seasonal crafts
- Costumes – Who doesn’t love costumes! The girls have had their’s picked out for a few months now and I have spent most of the month compiling the parts for theirs and mine. I will be Joy and my youngest Disgust from Inside Out and my oldest is going as a peacock (she’s been obsessed with peacocks for some time now). Check in on my 31 Days post tomorrow of a picture of them dressed up!
This is going to be my last week for Five on Friday, but Be sure to check out what the other bloggers are up to this week with their Five On Friday posts!