It’s Thanksgiving weekend in Canada and families are preparing big meals. There’s bound to be lots left over so what are you going to do with it all? On this week’s Monday Menu there’s five ideas for using up your leftovers.
- Shepherd’s Pie – Have a mountain of mashed potatoes left? Brown ground beef, add onions, seasoning, carrots, peas or corn (add at the end if they are leftovers and already cooked). I like to add a cream soup or sour cream as the sauce with the meat, or you can go more traditional with broth and tomato paste.
- Turkey Club Wrap – I used to frequent a sandwich shop close to work and they had a tasty ranch club wrap with turkey, bacon, cheese, veggies and ranch dressing. A quick and easy meal.
- Ham and Cheese Omelette and Hash Browns – Some may add ham to the menu of their big meal and leftover ham is very versatile. Dice it up and add to an omelette with your veggies of choice, and if you have any leftover roast potatoes, reheat in the oven topped with chives and cheese for a quick side.
- Mini Turkey Pot Pie With Side Salad – Use leftover pie crust from your recent baking sessions or prepackaged for convenience. I love the creaminess and flaky crust. You can find a simple recipe here.
- Turkey and Rice Soup – A great option when you want to freeze something for later.
Follow me for weekly menu ideas. How do you use up your leftovers?